400 Must-Have Recipes From Appetizers To Desserts, Shipped Right to Your Door
Slow Cooker Roast Beef with Red Wine Sauce Recipe
This Slow Cooker Roast Beef with Red Wine Sauce is a flavorful and simple way to serve tender and juicy roast beef. The red wine sauce is made from the cooking liquid and thickened with cornstarch, giving it a rich and savory flavor that pairs perfectly with the beef.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours, 15 minutes
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder season the beef chuck roast.
- In the hot oil, brown the roast on all sides.
- In the bottom of a slow cooker, place the chopped onion.
- On top of the onions, place the browned roast.
- Over the roast, pour the red wine and beef broth.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, covered.
- Allow the roast to rest in the slow cooker for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, strain the cooking liquid into a saucepan and set aside.
- To make a slurry, whisk together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Bring the cooking liquid to a boil after whisking in the slurry.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to stir constantly for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the red wine sauce alongside the sliced roast beef.
Slow Cooking Accessories
Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook
Kitchenaid Slow Cooker With Lid
The Big Slow Cooker Recipe Book For Beginners
Crockpockets Slow Cooker Divider
Slow Cooking Recipes
Slow Cooker Pork Spare Ribs with BBQ Sauce Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Recipe
Slow Cooker Roast Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe